Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Animeeee

Although anime is not exactly the most traditional or impressive style of art by most people's standards, I think it still has some merit in exposing and teaching young artists drawing skills and cultural aspects. The simplicity of the art form makes it a good style to learn as an amateur artist, at least as far as the people go due to the simplistic and formulaic traits utilized. I personally got started in art from copying my brother and learning to draw anime.

The art may at times leave much to be desired to be honest, but I think one of the most important things that artists- any type of artist- can learn from this genre is storytelling. This japanese art form has been utilized to tell a plethora of stories ranging from the weird and raunchy to deep and psychological. I think Anime actually provides a great range of storytelling and can teach all of us how to push the boundaries with how we tell our stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment